Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our home

If you are anything like me, you find inspiration in other peoples homes. I love to get ideas and just see how they do things that might be different from me. So I took a few photos of our home to share with you hoping maybe you can be inspired.... These shelves are in our living room. As I said in an earlier post, I am becoming a fan of black so I have been adding black accents throughout the house.
This is our den. I really like sitting in here because there isnt a t.v. and it can be very quiet! I just purchased the & pillow from the fabulous Teresa Sheeley! She has so many cool things in her shop! Go to www.teresasheeley.etsy.com to check it out!

This is our dining room looking in from the kitchen. It is very open between the two.



This is looking into our living room. As you can see, our rooms are small and cozy. It is a VERY old farmhouse that has been in my husbands family for generations. Six years ago we completely remodeled it. This was not an easy task, as it was down to the studs! Prior to us deciding to take on this big job, it had been sitting empty for many years!



This is another view of our dining room looking from the living room. My husband bought me the pie safe for Christmas one year and I LOVE it! I will have more pictures in another post of my kitchen, bedrooms, etc....
Hope you enjoyed this little tour!



3 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

Tricia,
You have such a beautiful home. How amazing that the home had been in the family for generations. I would love to see the outside. You guys have done an amazing job. Love the new pillow!

. sarah . said...

Thanks for sharing, I do love seeing what others are doing in their homes, yours is beautiful...but then I knew it would be just seeing your cute store! That pillow is so cool, I'll have to check her shop out :)

Anonymous said...

I am snooping your blog! te hee, love these photos, you need to post more of the details in your home...like that cute sign in your kitchen and all the little cute treasures..I clicked and enlarged the pics..love what you have done!