Friday, August 7, 2009

Randomness.......

I sooo hope I didn't take my love of chalkboards too far! What do you think?????? I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but kept talking myself out of it. I finally did it this week and I REALLY like it. Clay and I have written on it, but Sawyer doesn't want to. I think it's because it goes against everything he was taught as a little boy, NO WRITTING ON THE WALLS! I'm sure he will come around.
Look what my boys made yesterday while I was at work! Boy have I raised them right or what??? Now, the mess wasn't cleaned up, but hey, I got cookies out of the deal and they are REALLY good!
One last thing, if any of you have been hesitant to try the new cucumber candle we have, don't be. I took one home last night to burn and it is WONDERFUL!!!! I think I have a new favorite!

On that note, I hope you have a great weekend!



15 comments:

. sarah . said...

I love, love, love your wall!! That'll be big fun at family get togethers! Boys like yours would be great to have around too! I'll have to try that cucumber candle, you've never steered me wrong yet.

Anonymous said...

Loave the wall, love the EXIT about the door, too cute! the candle sounds wonderful, but I am still burning the one you and heather sent over! smells soo good and it can mask any yucky odor...not that we have yucky odors in the kitchen or anything, oh boy, looks like I need to stop writing! I think I need a weekend to unwind...muwahhh!

~h~ said...

Holy Chalkboard!?! How many cans did you use?! I love it, Tricia. What a great idea to just do the entire wall. The little frame is a very nice touch, too. I asked Ira over the winter if he wanted a chalkboard wall in his room and he said, "No, Mom. I'm not a baby anymore." sigh. Send Sawyer here a few days if he makes cookies. Ira makes messes. And that's about it. ;)

Jill said...

LOOOOVE the wall!!!
definately a "good thing"!
Blessings!
jill

Unknown said...

That chalkboard wall is just about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! Super weekend to you my friend!!

:) T

Maisy said...

Tricia~
It turned out AMAZING. Way better than I was picturing it!!!!!
I'm so proud of you for taking the plunge. That was bold and all your hard work paid off!!!
YAY FOR TRICIA!!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Jessica said...

I love the wall!! The EXIT above the door is too funny! Have fun drawing all over it :)

Jeanne Oliver said...

Oh my goodness...it looks amazing!!!! Way to go for it! I have always wanted to do this in one of the boy's rooms.

Family American Style. said...

OH!!! That wall is great. I thought you might like to hear about this great FREE giveaway and easy rules. Ends Sunday at midnight. http://marianneshouseofshopping.blogspot.com/

Lulu and Co. said...

Clapping and dancing to your new wall! Of course I adore it! So fun!!! Your new candle sounds wonderful! Have fun letting loose and writing on the walls! :)
LuLu

Kasey said...

love the wall....
love it!

Anonymous said...

Tricia!!! I LOVE this!!! And I'm not just saying that!

littlebyrd said...

I think the wall looks great! And those cookies...I want those for my breakfast :)

Mulberries said...

The wall looks awesome! Glad we were able to help leave a little bit of ourselves on your wall!

Lala

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

I loveeeeeee the chalking wall!!!